PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian B787 - LGW based
View Single Post
Old 22nd Oct 2015, 04:21
Gypsy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DB. Calling people by derogatory names is a kind of playground thing that most guys grew out of by the time they wore long trousers. Please think about that.

I must have worked for some pretty unusual airlines. In one well known and respected long haul operation, it was common practice to operate to one particular destination, then position to another and operate the next sector from there. It was also quite common for the first or last sector of a long haul pattern to be a positioning sector.

Its what sharp airlines do. As much as I've on other occasions enjoyed a week off at a particularly nice destination, it doesn't always work out that way. Its not a holiday club for us. The airline has to minimise costs so positioning can be part of that. Rather than DB's suggestion that Unions are usually consulted, it would in my experience be 'most unusual' for a Company to go to a Union and ask if it is okay to position crew somewhere.

Perhaps DB can give us some insight to his background. How many years as a professional pilot and how many airlines with lets say more than 30 jets has he worked for.