PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why reschedule a flight by 10 minutes?
View Single Post
Old 20th Oct 2015, 09:41
ExXB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes I do fly U2 quite a bit. In this case the sked change didn't matter to me. But if the change was unacceptable, I would have thought something other than "U2 standard conditions apply".

Why? They sold me a flight partially based on their (estimated) time of departure/arrival. I didn't chose one later in the day, or earlier in the morning, or on another day. If they wanted to change, fine, I'll think about it. But don't ask me to pay a change surcharge to make a change I don't want. If the price is higher on the new flights, their standard conditions state I pay it.

I'm sorry if you think I'm trolling, I don't think I am. I am relating my valid concerns that I have with U2 (and others I have flown).

Lost baggage? Legroom? I don't recall these, I am quite happy with U2's baggage performance and I do like their non-recline seats. Ripping me off for UK VAT flights, yes I know they are not the only one. All the LCCs seem to do that. But that doesn't make it OK, does it? I recall when "duty free" shops got caught doing exactly the same thing there was an uproar. Well I'm just expressing the same uproar that the airlines are doing the same.

I do use U2, and are generally quite happy with their service. But I think they could do better. Perhaps I am just , but how else can they learn?