PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex AN pilots now in QF - the cancer within
Old 2nd Jul 2003, 10:59
Going Boeing

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Blo Moi
My understanding of the meaning of the word SC@B is anyone working whilst the union concerned is in dispute with the employer. Once the union terminates industrial action then those that subsequently gain employment are not SC@Bs. I consider the foreign SC@Bs the lowest form of SC@Bs especially as all the overseas ALPAs advised them of the industrial dispute.

Sub-Sonic MB
You appear to be unaware of the facts - Qantas pilots were never involved in the dispute (despite the best efforts of the then PM) however, the domestic pilots had the full support of their international peers. To my knowledge, there were four flights flown by QF on domestic routes during the dispute and these were because of humanitarian and hardship grounds. These flights were sanctioned by the AFAP otherwise they would not have been flown.
AIPA's leaders at that time were not weak minded - in fact I'd call them shrewd for not falling into the trap of taking on the full might of a hostile government, especially when we didn't have a dispute with our own company management.
Maybe you're still bitter that the Overseas Branch walked out on the AFAP. Maybe if the then AFAP leaders (mainly AN) had listened to and acted on a lot of the problems that the Overseas branch were having then the split may not have occured.

The_Cutest_of_Borg
I concur with your comments.

GB