PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - M1 Visa or no Visa and SEVIS approved schools in the USA
Old 8th Oct 2015, 12:41
pachs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
finishing up FAA PPL with ground school online, entering US with B1/B2

Hello guys,
I am new here and I know this can be silly questions but I have applied for a PPL course in Florida. they told me that I can finish the PPL with them for 2-3 weeks (because the ground school will be online) and I am able to get there with my B1/B2 visa, which mean, I will be taking the knowledge test and some flights training when I get there. So is it correct to go with my B1/B2 visa? my TSA clearance is approved. (as they stated on the website that the TSA clearance would be denied if I didn't have appropriate visa.) and I have my medical certificate ready.

I am worried cause I have been reading a lot of posts on the website and everyone is confusing between the waiver/M1/B1 and B2.
So I just would like to clarify because I am leaving in few days to finish up my PPL. I don't know If I actually needed to M1 which some schools offer that but I need months to complete the course with those schools, which I don't have time to do so. I will be doing it on my one month vacation along with some visitings. Thats why I decided to do this option with ground school online because I can't take months off work.

....and as one of my colleges (we are cabin crews), she had done her PPL in Florida as well. but she didn't tell the immigration the whole story when she passed through the immigration and she just told them she was going to visit friends. I don't think it was a wise idea to do so cause you could screw your passport pretty much if they found out later and when she needed to renew the visa or some sort of things?

I have checked with the flight school. and they said I can tell them that I am there for some flying lessons? and that's what I am going to tell them so. But it would be horrible if I got sent back, It is not a short flight, nearly 20hours from my base.

I would like to advice please!
thank you everyone in advance!!
(I really should read more comments and reviews about this more carefully before I applied.)