PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Companies who refuse to return engineers certificates and CAA refuse to help
Old 4th Oct 2015, 08:00
Flyingspanner146

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Companies who refuse to return engineers certificates and CAA refuse to help

hi all
Ok, so here's the set up, here's what is happening and any feedback would be appreciated .
As you are all aware, it is hard enough jumping through the hoops of the sideways thinking, money grabbing UK CAA and retaining docs for licence re-newals , (such as hf, continuation, currency proof etc is hard enough.)
I finished working for a UK 145 company some 8 months ago, when I gave notice I have requested them to supply me with my certificates which they have held on file , including type training certificates, hf, continuation training, currency letter, cddl, ewis, etc etc , which are all required to get a new job.
8 months later, after lots of e mails, phone calls etc ...... Still nothing !!
A phone talk to the tech director was answered with "if they still have copies" they will send them !!!!
Now forgive me if I'm wrong.....but how would this company pass a CAA audit with this type of op?
I decided to speak to the UK CAA .... The answer I got ...... Nothing to do with us !!!!!!!!!!!!
Erm........UK CAA Engineers certification documents being withheld by UK CAA 145 organisation ....... But it's nothing to do with the UK CAA ??
Can anyone direct me to a legal organisation that could take this on for me, as the lawyers I have contacted have said that it is illegal to withhold "intellectual property" eg course Certs , but they are not willing to take the case as they have no experience in aviation sector or are not willing to take on the UK CAA