PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 30th Sep 2015, 20:07
flyboy1818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1) Why should Wizz (or any airline) not exploit a workforce that shows no interest in fighting back?

Thats a rational statement. All Wizz air bases are in former Soviet Union countries and their associated satellite countries. The employee - employer relationship is very different in these countries to Western Europe. As mentioned in a previous post an attempt was made to start a union in Budapest and all involved were dismissed. The rights that employees have to be represented and form a union falls far short of western standards in most of cases. Dismissing an employee is also far easier and in many cases you won't have a leg to stand on in this part of the world.

The reason that Wizz Air should treat the workforce well is because this is how you expand a business. If you treat the employees well, they will treat the customers well and keep them coming back. They will keep the AOG time low and save fuel etc. In the end having employees which care and respect a company saves far more money than having a bunch of angry, annoyed and overworked individuals who will increase your costs in all sorts of hidden ways. That extra 5 minutes on the APU, that extra bit of breaking action and those fake sickies that people throw all add up!

2) Why should Wizz (or any airline) not offer exploitative terms and conditions to new joiners when there is a never ending queue of people willing to join them?

Because the better terms and conditions generally attract the better people with more experience who are cheaper to train and generally stay longer. This is a far better business principle than constantly having to recruit and train new employees. This also allows for you to develop excellence within your organisation. If people are retained for many years they can often go on to do great things for a company. Just take a look at BA, many former Cadet entry pilots are now TRE/TRI's within the company. I doubt that any wizz cadets will be sticking around for long enough for this to happen as the terms offered are so poor that they will jump at the first opportunity.

I've had a number of employers in my lifetime and I've come to realise that bad employers will always be bad and good ones will always be good! My advice is stick to the good ones for as long as you can and avoid working for bad companies such as Wizz.

John Smith, good luck with the career change, now please get off this forum and leave it to rest of us to dish out the advice! We are only trying to help guide people in the right direction in the end!