PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Incident that could have dwarfed lockhart river
Old 23rd Sep 2015, 07:30
Old Akro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's not that the techs would be deliberately shot at but that the equipment would be shot at from some distance while the techs were attending.
My understanding is that there was only one incidence of bullet damage, not repeated damage.

The facility is in a high traffic state forest, 3k WSW of the town of very nice Western District town of Enfield. For 10 years I event directed rally championship rounds in that forest. In recent years my company has frequently had employees in the area without incident or concern. The beacon is on the border of the Enfield state park and the Enfield state forest. Parks Victoria publishes park notes to encourage recreational visitors to the area. Its near the corner of Incolls Rd and Misery Creek Road. Incolls Road is a well maintained dirt road which links Enfield to some other towns. Its major enough to get Google street view. Anyone can look and make their own assessment. Its clearly visible in a fenced, cleared area on Google Earth.

The Victorian Parks guide is here: http://parkweb.vic.gov.au/__data/ass...State-Park.pdf

If its so dangerous, how come Parks Victoria staff work there? And how come the Victorian Government encourages a wide range of activities from bushwalking to horse riding?

It looks to me like AsA used this as a convenient excuse to avoid maintaining one of its facilities.