PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Food
Thread: Crew Food
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2003, 16:26
TightSlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem with complaining about crew food to your employer is that there is always a chance that they will decide to not provide it at all! My employer recently removed the PA music from the aircraft (played during boarding/disembark) because the annual costs were circa £30K: You can bet your life that they have and probably still are, looking at cost cutting in the area of crew food.

Personally, I know that my employer has to date put a lot of work into that area, and I am happy with the results. Any meal that you eat repetitively is going to get dull (even though crew food menu's are rotated daily on a week long basis). This is one of the few areas in which I would congratulate our office backup staff on the work they have put in.

Whoever gets the job of managing Crew Food is basically on a hiding to nothing - you can't win, whatever you do! I always give my crew the option of first menu choice (on principle), and there are occasions when I take what's left, and find myself staring worriedly into something that I suspect may be roadkill stroganoff as a result. It usually tastes better than it looks, however, and certainly tastes better than nothing - which is a very real option!