PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2015, 16:33
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Tricia T

Last Summer people were complaining about the work load and force draft. How has the recent recruitment changed this?

I also noticed that a lot of people were predicting the end of Bidline with the introduction of the EASA FTL's. Have these been implemented yet? If so, has there been many changes?
Bidline still exits in name, in an interim form pending major changes in a year or two.

Partial EASA FTLs been in force on shorthaul for a while. The effect of that's for a Shorthauler to comment on. EASA FTLS or parts thereof not yet implemented in Longhaul, but coming soon.

Force Draft has gone ( so no more being ordered to come to work at 24 hours notice) but not because of recruitment. It has been replaced by Roster Assign, where the company can (and do) drop extra work into any days off you think you've cunningly left in your month just before your final final roster is published. In effect it's Force Draft but with much more notice, which might just allow you to sell/swap the offending trip off to somebody else if you really really needed a particular day(s) off.

I don't get the impression the overall workload has dropped, and for tripline holders it's now more difficult to bid to work high one month and then safely be able to bid to work low the next (i.e. run a "bank" and use banked hours) because of the risk of work being Roster Assigned.

Last edited by wiggy; 22nd Sep 2015 at 06:47.