PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2015, 13:45
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But y'know what? WE have to fly what they recruit and train, not the company. Hence the interest and disrespect for what you just stated.
The same in any company mate, I've flown with some high hour utter liabilities! Hours or type doesn't provide any guarantees.

maybe not your attitude though.
What the attitude that understands that if I as a pilot want to set recruitment minimums, that's the tail wagging the dog. If you want to run things your way, start your own airline. A bit like the DEC who brings his old company SOPs with him because he doesn't like the new ones. You have to deal with the realities.

Maybe you have the problem attitude not me. The recruitment world is changing from the past 8 years. It's not a pilot shortage, more a constriction of supply and any company will do what they need to do to keep the schedule running. I remember the days airlines were going to flying clubs and offering to pay for everything to get people in the right seat.

If your in the training dept and don't like the thought of training these guys, resign your training post. If the recruits don't make the grade out on the line then ASR them. If your not captain enough to be the captain, well that's a choice you need to address.

Harsh words maybe, but your a pawn in this game not a King. Take the recruits, swallow the additional workload in the short term and hope for more realistic and tolerable rosters in the long term.

Oh buy the way Glo, what types and which areas did you operate in prior to Emirates? Just asking, I want to be a sky god one day........not!

GloFish® fluorescent fish are born brilliant! oh it seems you had genetic help to be brilliant!

Last edited by Deep and fast; 21st Sep 2015 at 14:05.