PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2015, 12:32
Deep and fast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will all sky gods please state how they developed their god like status when slagging off those they see as beneath them!

Try an engine failure or a smoke around 80°N during 207mn ETOPS in poor winter conditions and then you'll tell me about so called judgement experience!
Well, vital actions followed by qrh would be a start. Weather, well that should have been determined as suitable IAW your ops manuals and updated as such on route. Location, well if you have the ETOPs approval, risk assessment has been carried out by the manufacturer and the approval bodies concerned. Contingency actions in your operating airspace should be briefed for such flights.If you don't like flying so far north then don't join a long haul company.

By the way, I'm not a TP driver, but I have actually flown to northern Siberia in winter as well as extensively in Russia, Europe and Middle East as well as North Atlantic crossing. So can I be deemed suitable or is my aircraft too light to transition to wide bodies.

But the real issue is.......quite frankly they are not paying enough to attract pilots to join, peoples buckets are full and so are leaving and new aircraft are arriving. An unsustainable situation that the managers are gonna have to face up to or risk having their position terminated when the ruling powers go for scalps.
Jeez how many ryanair guys work there and they only had Europe experience and has that brought the airline to its knees?

Focus people, the problem is money, the problem is rostered hours, the problem is leave and the problem is quality of life. Let the company recruit and train, that's their job not yours!