PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 21st Sep 2015, 05:08
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With many airlines fighting to get new or extra slots into Heathrow, I am not sure how Freq El Al Passenger comes to the conclusion that as far as he can deduce connecting traffic at LHR is now nil from Israel.

Speculation about other airlines heading for possibly Luton and vacating Heathrow reminds me of the heady days on the Southend thread when the airport was showing good rates of early days growth when it seemed that almost every European airport was listed as a possible new route. If most of these airlines came to Luton then they would be up against Wizz and Wizz would win on fares. By staying at Heathrow they will attract a different sort of passenger who has more money to spend.

Even when Luton is upgraded I would think that most of the growth will come from low cost airlines as passengers are traditionally not so fussy which airport they use and full fare passengers will not be so keen on being crammed into a potentially half sized shuttle bus and dispatched to a station that is a mile away.

Last edited by LTNman; 21st Sep 2015 at 05:46.