PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex military jets
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2015, 23:37
exmanman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dr Jekyll

I too was curious about the Hawk T1 in an earlier thread, I posted (my post in italics):

Hawk T1
A question if I may,

The theoretical answer would be based on CAP632 - see Ch4 and the Harrier for all sorts of reasons would be a "Complex" type. All* current UK ex-Mil Jets are 'Intermediate' (JPs, Hunters etc.). 'Complex' types have a high hurdle of engineering support, in principle equivalent to "manufacturers' support", in order to get a Permit to Fly.

Would the Hawk T1 be classed as intermediate? I have often wondered if some may eventually be disposed of in a similar way to the Hunters in the eighties, mainly because I then might be able to fulfill a long held desire to fly in one (mortgage notwithstanding).

I got the reply from Anonystude:

exmanman -- I wondered that one myself; I fear it'd be Complex as it's not got manual reversion for the flying controls, only hydraulics...

Original thread here:

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviat...ian-hands.html

Re the Bucc, interestingly HHA at Scampton have this on their website:

After over 2750 hours of design verification and critical system analysis work by HHA staff, the aircraft was classified in the BCAR A8-20 ‘Complex’ category for civilian use.

From Hawker Hunter Aviation | » Blackburn Buccaneer S2B

It should be said that HHA are not a display team or in the business of pleasure flights it would seem. Whether it will ever fly is beyond me. They also have an SU22 Fitter!