PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 20th Sep 2015, 21:42
Freq El Al Passenger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nearly 40,000 on TLV! Crikey! And El Al took the bulk of that - the only reason the figure isn't higher was their lack of aircraft!

I wonder if Luton airport management has designs on enticing El Al's two daily LHR flights to LTN? Maintaining two bases is a pain, pax seem generally satisfied with LTN and as far as I can deduce connecting traffic at LHR is now nil.

I doubt it would happen before the terminal refurbishment is completed at the very earliest, but El Al might be starting to take delivery of their 787s around that time. They might be inclined to use those to provide a more frequent service from LTN than they can provide with only two slot pairs at LHR.

Bucharest also looking good. I wonder if TAROM is another candidate for "El Al-ization" to LTN - being another airline banished to LHR T4 with the rest of the Billy no-mates airlines. It too has minimal connections via LHR (most of their T/A connections route via CDG), and LTN has substantial "mind share" amongst Romanian pax. Would they be inclined to go head-to-head against Wizz at the same airport? How are the loads to Iasi?