PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 75th Anniversary BoB Flypast : Goodwood : 15th Sep 2015
Old 19th Sep 2015, 00:35
NutLoose

Received 3,039 Likes on 1,281 Posts
Ok Coff, in response to your request, I have used a Photo from the Victory show to show what can be done, though its not a good shot as the nose wants to be out from under the wing.

This was a direct Jpeg conversion reduced down from an 18MB Raw image

I then ran it through Lightroom, in this programme I cropped it severely and rotated the image during the process, the background colour and the aircraft colours were tweaked individually to make them more vivid, I adjusted the light levels in the shadows, the whites, the blacks and the highlights to make the crew and aircraft show, I also slightly tweaked the sharpness a tad due to the cropping, when done and saved as a JPEG I put it into Photoshop and used the camera shake facility to crisp it up a tad, with that done I got a slight halo in a couple of spots from over sharpening around the plane wing edge, so I blurred those areas, though the whole thing could do with more work, it was simply a demo exercise, and this is the same image as above post processing..... I will add I do not normally have to go to such extremes, but I do post process images..

Surprised?

Heck, I could even make Buster look human..

For those that asked, home from the Ministry of Works and Drains, pipework cleared, full flow resumed and 5 stents fitted in total, gulp... have been bedding in the drainage works at home for the last couple of days prior to getting out and about..

Last edited by NutLoose; 19th Sep 2015 at 00:58.