PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Crew Food
Thread: Crew Food
View Single Post
Old 30th Jun 2003, 02:30
flyblue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not unhappy about the crew food we get. The meals are good, and we never get hungry.
I only wish there were more vegetables and less snacks (we get a platter of fruits however...too bad they need to be peeled and often you don't have the time). In fact we get too many of them (in our company they stress a lot the fact that you shouldn't be hungry, and eat in order to prevent hypoglycemia and always be 100%), and all way too fattening: sandwiches (like smoked salmon or ham with tons of butter), rice pudding, cereal bars. I'm not complaining, better this than nothing, but if I ate 1/10 of what they give us I'd be 80 Kgs in a couple of months. One day I decided to keep all the snacks I was getting for 6 days work: at the end I had so many chocolate bars, cookies, cereals bars and similar, that when I put it on my kitchen table and showed my family no one believed I was supposed to eat ALL that in just 6 days.
I spoke about the problem to the Company Doctor when I had my annual Medical check, and she said it was a common complaint.
So, to avoid the Whale Syndrome, I often take size-friendly snacks like bananas (easy too peel!), biologic apples I already washed home, sugarless cookies, crackers etc.