PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2015, 21:38
Rupert369

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Changing subject a little (although I must just add to the debate above that as a teenager I toured Eastern Europe with a black friend of mine and the racism he encountered in many places was absolutely and unbelievably appalling) I received an interesting email from CTC / Wizzair a few days ago.

It was sent to people who'd showed interest in the cadet scheme, which I had. Ultimately I decided not to apply as - much as becoming a pilot is an ambition so burning that I can't really put it in words - I regard taking a £110,000 loan in exchange for a maximum FO salary of 25,000 euros as nothing short of selling myself into slavery. Oh and don't forget the best part of two years studying without a salary thrown in for good measure.

Anyway, this email offered the first 50 responders to a short survey a Wizz branded 'aspiring aviators' pack. So I answered the survey - which was three questions, essentially asking your contact details and number of hours, and that was it.

Is this a sign that they didn't find enough people for the places on offer? Mathmatically, I simply can't fathom how anyone who didn't have £100,000 lying around could ever afford to undertake the scheme - and people with money lying around tend to be very careful with it...