PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan interview
View Single Post
Old 16th Sep 2015, 00:53
Keelhaul

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Plaze 1

Just returned from phase 1 "Medical"

I full day going through all the stations. Blood withdrawal (4 tubes) expertly done. EKG, Both lying down and treadmill (over 50 gets treadmill), no worries. Ear, Nose, Throat, I expect they have no idea what they are looking for. Ultra sound of heart and neck, that sent me to get a pulmonary MRI. (My home cardiologist said it was unnecessary as the picture that concerned the Chinese tech was due to poor ultrasound technique and interpretation. On the other hand, good to get a pulmonary MRI since I'm over 50. (I took pictures of every page after exams). Got big time flagged for eye exam, never had a problem before, even in the military. Spent an additional two days doing a field of vision test. Again, since seeing my optomologist back home, they don't know what they are looking for nor how to administer the test properly. (Glasses on 1st time, no glasses 2nd time or 3rd time. Apparently the device has a setting to correct for your prescription, never once did they ask me for mine. Oh well....

We should hear later on this week if we pass.

During the HQ brief, they have domestic capts, they need international capts. we were told, don't be surprised if you 737 guys are moved directly to the 787. Traiining pay until complete with type ride (might have been a translation error, end of OE seems more like it, but who knows?). Cruise Capt, they want us all qualified yesterday! Sign off ASAP because they have jets parked every week for lack of capts. 30 more 787s coming starting April. Same deal with the Airbus guys, more coming... 1 new airplane every 2 weeks. Foriegn pilot recruitment was tasked with hiring 80 capts this year. As of Sept they have less than 40. They will bring you back as many times as they can to get you passed.

Sim profile, my understanding is there is no profile, it's what ever the instructor wants to throw at you. I'll pass more when I get to that stage.

I'll answer any other questions I can, it was a fast paced, hectic week.