PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hanscom G-IV Crash - NTSB probable cause
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2015, 18:05
20driver

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
So who was watching the store

Peekay4 - thanks for the reply.

My question is - what was this audit organization doing? I'm sure they sent in a bill every year or whatever, but what did they do? Like the pilots it seems they were captured by habit, signing off without looking. I have experience with this happening in my field. Supervisors signing off on failing test reports because they always see passing tests.

To me it looks like the killer here was too much familiarity. Crew worked together for eons, no hostile outsiders, or new perky book trained new crew, to upset the well greased cart. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the auditors visit was an occasion for a nice lunch out on the owners tab.

Makes you question how SMS is supposed to work. Maybe some unannounced visits by some nosey parker with a grudge from the local XAA who has no financial stake in the process is what is needed.

Sad thing is the owners, who were literally along for the ride, would have no doubt paid whatever they were told was needed to keep them, and their families, safe.

Contrary to what many on here would have you believe, its not just about spending more.