PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2015, 17:38
Itchin McCrevis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EasyJet are committing to base a further 12 a/c at Luton (bringing total to 30 a/c) over the next 10 years
Have they actually said that or are you simply pro-rata'ing the number of based aircraft (15 as was in 2014) with the announced doubling of passengers?

I would have expected some of the growth to come from increasing aircraft size - A319 - A320 - A320neo and an increase in aircraft visiting from other bases (e.g. MXP).

the 50% reduction in the capacity of the drop off zone
Happened to pass through the other day, when I finally reached the terminal area I got to experience the drop off first hand - it is not capacity per-se (i.e. phsysical space) that is the problem rather than attrocious design around the entrance, compounded by abysmal signage and poor lines of sight (not helped by a large tow truck sat squarely opposite the entry point so you could not see which lane had empty spaces) all this causing people to just stop and unload around the entrance way blocking everything up and creating a huge tail back. Even a casual observer could see that re locating a few curbs, a bit of yellow hatching in strategic places, corrected signage and re-locating offending tow truck would improve things. It has all the hallmarks of being designed by the afore mentioned half-wit on a Friday afternoon in a pub - I am surprised somebody is not being kicked hard for this.

On the positive front getting through the new Security was a breeze - a huge improvement.

Last edited by Itchin McCrevis; 14th Sep 2015 at 17:55.