PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hanscom G-IV Crash - NTSB probable cause
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2015, 10:50
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This aircraft was not supposed to be able to do that in the first place, the throttle was supposed to be limited with the controls locked.

In my list of slices with holes lining up from the time they entered the runaway I forgot one. I do not know about the 'throttle inhibiting system' but the PF did state that he could not achieve planned thrust manually, they then engaged A/T and it also failed to achieve planned thrust. This could be interpreted as an inhibition, perhaps not to manufacturer's spec.
However, the missing slice would have been the lack of expected and experienced acceleration. Surely they knew this a/c and airport. They should have sensed it was all going too slowly and the end of the runway was getting closer than usual. Not only was the RTO delayed for an inexplicable reason, by BOTH PIC & SIC, who has brakes, but it would have happened further down there runway anyway. They were in a double whammy situation. Delayed RTO and with less runway than expected.
I still can not understand the lack of self preservation in their awareness. You are about to go aviating into a hostile environment, where Mother nature and gravity are trying to deter you from such arrogant intrusion, and yet they tried to do so with dulled senses. Hm?