PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LUTON -8
Thread: LUTON -8
View Single Post
Old 14th Sep 2015, 05:13
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am probably the only supporter here that doesn't jump for joy at the thought of more flights operating out of Luton at the moment. While for much of the day Luton can be fine there are waves in the day, even now in September, when Luton goes beyond not coping well but grinds to a complete halt due to work in the CTA and the 50% reduction in the capacity of the drop off zone. Looking at Google live traffic now at 5.42 in the morning I can see once again jams extending all the way onto the A505 and back to Gypsy Lane.

On Friday I got stuck on a car park bus that took 30 minutes to travel half a mile because traffic could not get out of Percival Way because no one wanted to let traffic merge off the roundabout. The results of congestion is that shuttle buses to the station and car parks run at very irregular intervals and many passengers are left behind.

The following comment is from a passenger who at least was trying to get out of the airport and not a passenger that was trying to make a flight. OK she might have got her terminology wrong when talking about the runway but she was making a powerful point. I for one would be happy at a 20% reduction in flights over the next couple of years until the CTA is completely finished.

Probably the worst airport I have ever been to in my life. Over 1 hour in passport control, queueing out on to the runway.. And now I've been waiting for a shuttle bus to long term for 1.5 hours. I hope you're ashamed of yourselves. Literally don't think I could be any angrier than I am right now. All of this on top of flight delays both ways.. Resulted in an expired car park ticket. Horrendous experience.

Last edited by LTNman; 14th Sep 2015 at 06:03.