PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Student Loans and Pilot training
View Single Post
Old 29th Jun 2003, 07:47
always inverted

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not on to piss in the fire but it's about time the govt reduced the amount of people getting sl's to learn to fly.
I must admit that I got one to do my IR in 95 but that was cause I did not have the cashflow at the time. Think there was about 5-6 that dropped out of the theory courses after the money had gone in, still saw them there tho, flying all the money on jollys instead of the IFR theory and flying. Sad thing is that you subconciously pick them at the start of any course.

The aero clubs will be the ones that carry on through it all cause they don't do sl's. People learn to fly there for the whole scene not just for a mass produced lisence, although I found my instructors exellent, and the training very thorough.

Will be interesting to see who walks and who folds next year, or more so, what type of training you can get through the schools, ie: types of course and how much they diversify from the standard.
You might be able to get a degree in Horticulture with a free ppl or half price cpl thrown in...

Certinly going to weed out the not so comitted.

Student loans do suck though you have to admit, I'm getting married next year and looking for a house now and the banks don't like to be second on the food chain if you can't pay the mortgage.
(HMMMMMMMMMMM) oh well, s#$t happens