PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Best Airline to work for
View Single Post
Old 28th Jun 2003, 19:47
olholh

Angel

In my days job security was almost always number one requirement. And this is how my employer treated us:

Pay wasn't that important, and when discussed, a lifes earnings was the subject, you could wind up being there for thirty years. Job security always came first. Family, job and job fullfilment. Type of aircraft wasn't that important either, neither was nightstops or accomodation or any other "trimming".

Job content was discussed a lot. We did get the possibility to interact with our customers, ample time to interact with the environment and so on.

And seven days on and seven days off and six to eight weeks paid holiday wasn't bad either. A lot of training must be thrown in, and professional follow-up, since the operation was real hands-on flying, on instruments, sometimes in the worlds worst weather.

In other words no AirBUS-driving. Real flying. Probably doesn't exist anymore by the read of things on this forum. I am retired now, and well off after 30 years of exteremely happy flying and having reached top rung on my ladder. Thanks.