PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 9th Sep 2015, 21:21
EK77WNCL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newcastle have done very very very well with their even split, 1/3 loco, 1/3 legacy, 1/3 charter - especially when you look at competing airports, East Midlands, Leeds, Liverpool even Bristol

Vueling is kind of somewhere in the middle, yes a loco but with IAG links and a large hub with connecting flights available, somewhat different to Ryanair's new Alicante flight (wishing that the best of luck)

To keep the balance if we can get 2 daily EK, secure United and maybe entice Turkish they could look towards adding more Ryanair flights along with encouraged Jet2 expansion. I very much doubt it but I'd love to see easyjet add a 4th aircraft and open up routes like Munich, Milan, Marrakech, Reykjavik, improve frequencies such as Bristol... Maybe more further afield winter destinations like Lanzarote, Sharm. I thought Mykonos in the summer from easyjet could be a nice addition.

I'm feeling confident about the next few years at Newcastle, I'm getting good feelings and I hope I'm not wrong!

I understand NCL not wanting to upset Jet2 but it's not worth hindering growth, I feel it's unlikely Jet2 would up and leave, not that I want NCL to start putting all (or any) of their eggs in the Ryanair basket

Long shot but could we see a Westjet 737 to Toronto?