PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 9th Sep 2015, 13:27
maddogcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flying.monkeyz

I know STAA is badly run too.. that is why i didnt even bother including them in the post.. i know for a fact CAE and CTC is pretty good in treating cadets as their customers and respect them.. that is why some cadets transferred over to CAE from STAA.. I did research on them and that is why i chose SFC. But i learnt my lesson that is why i am sharing my experience..

SFC treats self sponsored cadets as if they are sponsored, and makes them do unnecessary duties, does not take into consideration the fact that every single flight is a paid flight, and so, incurs more cost into the self-sponsored cadet..

Most self sponsored cadets chose SFC because their parents are from SQ or MI and naturally they will choose to let their kids attend the same college that they went through but things are definitely different now.. For self sponsored cadets like myself, taking a bank loan is already a huge burden on me and i will try to save every penny i can.. my friend took the CAE route and eventually saved up to 70000sgd..

SFC has good instructors, but like i said, they are all leaving, or have left.. i can name you all the good instructors that have left or are leaving but just pm me if you want to know..