PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - King Air experience
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2015, 11:08
GAZ45

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the replies.
I had heard that the single crew can be an issue but I also heard that you can apply to the CAA and declare that you were operating multicrew which will therefore let you build hours toward the ATPL issue.

I do not have job offers or interviews for any operator at the moment - I finished training 6 weeks ago. I do have a king air contact who may be able to help but wanted to weigh up the potential opportunities. My thinking being:
I have a few friends who trained thru same route and schools as me who have all got jobs with Ryanair and Flybe within a year of finishing training.
As a scenario... If I self sponsored a TR on a king air it would cost approx 16K but possibly more. If Flybe were to one day call then that would be fantastic and no harm done.
However, doing a 16K TR on a king air puts me out of the picture for other jet operators like Ryanair who want a self funded TR - as there is no way I will be able to fund 2 TRs!

Anyway, like I said.. It's all speculation at the moment there are no offers. I was trying to plan ahead and be positive about getting a future opportunity.
Cheers