PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Singaporean self-sponsored CPL holders - where are you?
Old 8th Sep 2015, 10:45
ianoasis

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
don't lose heart

Hey CptWizard,

I had a first round back in 2011, they spoke about the bond and even a shared portion of training fees - back then they were heading into a financial crunch due to ops loss. Then I got cut for I don't know what reason - I attribute it because I did not do well at all during the interview.

You got a call for this years 1st round! I applied on 31 July but no reply yet so you are blessed really, until you get that reject email, you should not give up that option.

If you do, yes the road ahead still has other routes - I am preparing for that as well. Recently spoke to a chap who works at the A320 Simulator place at Orchard Central... he recommended even paying your own at SFC will cost the same as what he did in Oxford, UK (as long CAAS approved, if you plan to base in SG). Like you, it is scary to make that financial commitment because, I am by nature a risk-adverse person when it comes to money... but hey bro, this is our dream, so as long as our heart is in it, we should not fear. Let's take it a step at a time - when there is a will, there is a way.

I have been following the hardwardzone forum too quite closely in regard of SQ's current round. Keep in touch ya? How old are you this year? Do you have any flying experience or gonna be an ab initio like me?

Cheers.
Ian