PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 21 years since first AN B747-300 operation
Old 7th Sep 2015, 10:34
Dora-9

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts
Trail Boss:

On reflection, I shouldn't have used the adjective "trite".

However, please don't let's start a "mine's bigger than yours" argument. I have 36 years' airline experience, holding a range of training, checking and management positions during that period. While I'd like to think it wouldn't happen to me because I've always striven to be cunning and careful enough to avoid this sort of situation - I'm also painfully aware that all humans are fallible, and it could happen to me. You too, I suspect.

Wunwing:

Thanks for clarifying that:

Indeed I was talking about that particular airframe.
It rather torpedoes my theory that the FE never switched the ADP on in the first place! I've actually learnt something from this thread - thanks again. Typical of BASI not to include this particular aircraft's known foible.

Leady:

To say that Feather3 has substantial experience on the type would be an gross understatement. Although I don't have such substantial time on type, I can say that the gear lights (the and/and --- and/or lights) are clearly visible from the LHS, and we always turned around and had a look, if the lights by the gear lever were other than normal indications.
Hopefully I've indicated I'm not a complete novice in the LHS of the B747. I know that I always had trouble seeing those lights, I couldn't ascertain the situation back there with only a quick glance. Given that everyone else has contradicted me (fair enough), maybe it's just my crappy eyesight?

Last edited by Dora-9; 7th Sep 2015 at 20:13.