PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 3 Boeing aircraft delivered to EK today, do we have enough pilots to crew them?
Old 5th Sep 2015, 15:13
Trader

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is completely unscientific, but I'll throw it out anyway. Of the last 15 FO's I have flown with ALL, except one, are planning on leaving. One has a foot out the door with his wife as soon as his bond expires - not turning back. The rest are all looking at options. Two, at 3.5-4 years say they are waiting for the upgrade (unless it really stops for more than 6 months) with plans to get the min. requirements to go elsewhere.

Of the large group I know (primarily captains) 2 have left and the rest (about 25 or so ) all have plans to leave in ranges of 1- 5 years. Kids in school and other issues are keeping some here a bit longer. All, to a man, are fed up!

As I said, all anec***al and, I am sure, someone will jump in say they love it here etc etc etc. But the fact is people are leaving and more will leave.

Do I think it will change? Nope! The company doesn't care and will simply continue to lower the conditions and, at the same time, the requirements. Until it finally does break due to lack of crew or, worse, and accident.