PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Restoring or Cleaning Windows
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2015, 00:52
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In terms of manslaughter cases I can think of three in the last 20 years that I have been dragged into.
Many deaths and not caused by botched jobs but certainly the attitude. In every single one of them.
I think 15 deaths, mostly innocents and directly caused by the 'I know better' attitude.
Is 15 not enough for you ?
I can put some thought into it and come up with a more exact figure.
The guys that maintain the aeroplanes and see how the owners operate.
It is the owner that is the liability, no coincidence that I have distanced myself from most of those guys before they did their thing. Indeed in every-one of those 3 cases I had removed myself from the job beforehand.
My testimony was purely providing background as I was never about for the main event and the lead-up to it.

I have flown a customer's aircraft and the Cherokee was near impossible to land into the setting sun. I made him change the windshield, less than $200 all up for a second hand one we had here. (From a pedantic type).

Anyway the owner couldn't believe the difference. He then told me about the two occasions where he thought he was about to wipe both the plane and himself out. Both times on a strip and into the sun.

Would some-one's life be worth more or less than $200 ?