PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Restoring or Cleaning Windows
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2015, 23:15
baron_beeza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are talking transparencies here and I am reminded that so far in this thread we have not had any mention of the most widely used publications.

The books the mechanic would be reaching for would invariably be AC43.13-1B which is basically the bible within the hangar.
The next books would be the Airframe General handbook and the aircraft MM.

The aircraft POH is not held in high regard and would generally never be opened. Tyre pressures would be about the only thing I can recall looking for in the POH and even then it is considered just a quick and ready figure.

I have assumed we are talking American aircraft here but there would be very few occasions when we would have to break out the CAIP's.
Truth be known it would be the laptop that would be getting opened and we all have copies of the AC on there anyway.

The prime publications are the regs, from the applicable regulator. Strangely enough they are not used so often because the guys in the hangar have a good working knowledge of them anyway.

Here is a copy of the book... it really is the 'go to' one.

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...cumentID/99861

I would think that anyone that wants to certify for work on a GA machine would want to have a good working knowledge of the contents of the AC.
That and the maintenance manual.

In addition, for any engine work we have to find the Lycoming or Continental books, - another saga....