PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What ISN'T P2F?
Thread: What ISN'T P2F?
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2015, 21:32
TheManFromThatPlace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What ISN'T P2F?

Can anyone tell me what exactly isn't P2F these days? If you go down the CTC route and spend close to £100000 then you may get an interview(extremely easy to pass) for EasyJet. After that you'll pay for your type rating. But because you're not "officially" paying for line training then does this qualify as P2F?

What about the guy who goes modular, spends about £40000 and has the exact same bit of paper at the end of it all as the integrated guy, and then spends another £40000 on a TR+LT scheme, with the chance of employment at the end. Is he any "worse" than the integrated CTC(or other) pilot? Modular route you can do it quickly and work in between. Integrated courses are slower and you can't be working, so you're left even more out of pocket. So in this case the modular who then signs up for P2F has a lot more money left in his pocket.

What about if you pursue being an FI? You still pay for your initial training and then your FI rating. The pay is really not great and with no turboprop or jet time you're still not especially attractive to any airlines. Get a job with Ryanair or Wizzair etc and you pay a fortune for your type rating. So in all seriousness, can anyone tell me a way to get into aviation these days that doesn't involve some form of P2F? I would really like to know. The Aer Lingus cadet scheme is about the only one I can think of!