PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2015, 14:39
KanyouEast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well said SOPS, love your work! If you're over 50, 20k plus hours, 30 plus years in aviation, you are over qualified and a redundant excess in this outfit.

The problem is, you will never diminish the allure of shiny new widebodies to any young pilot, fair enough. We would have drooled at thought ourselves. I also have no problem whatsoever with a 25 year old new-joiner in the RHS, except they can generally drink more than me these days... If he sat for 8-10 years on the company network, he'd be a more-than-accomplished international wide body skipper at 33-35 years old. I do have an issue with the sense of entitlement SOME (minority) of these youngsters have, when they don't get command within 3 years, and sort of look at me as if I'm holding their careers' back, because they haven't had an interview before their 28th birthday..

Never fear though, through the slick machinations of our intrepid HR team and a lot of smoke and mirrors, our problem is about to be solved. The company will be going to KL for at least 3 weeks in September to skim the cream off the (very sadly) ailing Malaysian Airlines. Watch out for a large contingent of 777 and possibly even 380 DEC's to tide us through this difficult time! We must welcome them wholeheartedly, they are in such a sad time in their history, and at the end of the day, trying to make a living like us. We certainly can't blame our T 'n C deterioration on them, we couldn't stick together in a glue factory..The upside is that sub-90 hour rosters may be on the cards...Pity I won't be here to see it!

Last edited by KanyouEast; 2nd Sep 2015 at 11:16.