PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2015, 15:54
GAXLN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
United

The profitability of any service is dependent upon the number of people that use the service and in the case of an airline, the fares paid exceeding costs so a decent return may be secured. Out of interest, how many of us participants on this thread can hold our hands up and say we have used it this summer? I am writing waiting for a United flight to Newark and then tonight's flight to Newcastle before anyone asks and I normally fly One World. Just doing my bit for the North East as I also did earlier this summer. My money at present is on the service returning but it will prosper and grow only if it is used more than I understand it was at times this summer. Lots of great places to visit in the States from New York to Hawaii and all points in between. Then there's Canada, the Caribbean plus Central America as well. The winner for me is once you clear security in the U.S. at your origin point that's it - no more queuing for security and then you reach Newcastle first thing in the morning rather than killing time at Heathrow, Amsetdam or CDG. Let us keep our fingers crossed and then hopefully we can then start planning next year's holiday using United.