PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2003, 17:20
batty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes there are good things and bad things about Ryanair...show me an airline where there isnt! I have been with Ryans for 2.5 years now and except for a few odds and sods I am very happy.

I have a stable roster work 5 on 3 off guaranteed. I know when I can book shows go to parties, BBQs, my daughters school plays etc etc and that counts for alot.

Yes there are many places where things could be improved but I worked for another VERY WELL know company for 15 years that was far worse.

Tailscrape tell us all how many jobs you have had since leaving training and how many setbacks due to the ups and downs of the industry! (Im not having a knock mate and we do know each other, but it isnt quite the hell hole you make it out to be!) I have had one and am looking at command in a years time and the money to go with it. The good wages can be used to more than make up for any low pension etc (5% of basic +5% AVC + 5% company provided). The hours are fine, I have averaged just under 800 a year since I have been with them.

Someone told me that your two best jobs will always be your last one and your next....very true!

I think we are all guilty of over inflated expectations brought on by the flying schools. Go back 10 years or so and how many people got jobs straight onto jets? People had to gain experience before getting the jet jobs. People now expect a jet job within weeks of leaving!! You and I are very lucky and low wages for 6 months are more than made up for by the leg up that the company offers you, certainly better than 5K for an FI rating then approx 9K pa for however many years it takes. Also of note is that the guys who pay for their rating are on higher pay scales than the guys who were sponsored so over the period of my bond it works out very similar wage wise.

Sorry I cant answer the original question about interviews...mine were years ago now and its changed. Dont let the Ryanair scare mongering put you off, at the end of the day it is a well paid jet job for someone with very little experience.