PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2015, 09:24
skyman771

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heard from a lad I know in that works at EWR that the service is to return pretty much the same
Presumably this is not the same "friend of a friend" who knows the father of a cab driver who does the daily rounds up & down the New Jersey Turnpike?
Can't say that one should attribute too much from such comments, to an extent any "guess" re this route is 50% chance of being correct / wrong so even upon review there is a chance that a response will come back "I told you so...."

What I do hope is that the comment was made on an intelligent basis & not as with earlier 767 supposition, possibly from a "Reggie" dreaming up how many 767 frames are likely to fill up his note book.
By means of an explanation, then when you have a problem with capacity / LF's in general & a 4 day reduced operating basis, then a likely solution to improving revenues & thus success, is not by throwing additional capacity on those days that it does operate, whilst undermining service levels even further on a shorter 3 day reduced operating schedule.

Last edited by skyman771; 28th Aug 2015 at 12:09. Reason: context