PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian core jumping the seniority list in NLH
Old 27th Aug 2015, 16:12
SR71

Mach 3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Direct Bondi,

Does that fact not lend credence to Kjus' contention, placed before the DOT, that the OSM employment paradigm is a temporary one that will ultimately be replaced, in the respective countries, by a permanent employment contract that is competitive when benchmarked against other local airline contracts?

I agree with you that the OSM contract paradigm is diabolical and pilots ought to be able to see that, but I'd be surprised if Kjus was blatantly lying to the DOT....

My observation based on what happened at HEL would be that a similar process will take place when the LGW Base (for arguments sake) reaches that age, and that the ultimate employer at that stage will be recognised as Norwegian UK rather than OSM. I cannot see how "Norwegian" UK will ever get its Foreign Air Carrier permit (I believe there would have to be another application if they plan to operate under a UK AOC?) otherwise due to US objections to the perceived un-level playing field.

Quite rightly so.