PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What happened to the NJS BN & CB base closure post?
Old 27th Jun 2003, 09:04
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Cool

Some people who post on PPRuNe do not seem to understand the legal, ethical or moral implications of their anonymous posts and the repercussions on the site owner(s)/publisher.

I've been around this forum since the beginning and have never hid my identity behind an anonymous name. In all that time I have never seen censorship for censorship sake - despite ludicrous bleatings to the contrary. Indeed, Chief Pilot Danny and the various moderators of the Dunnunda Forum have been remarkably tolerant. However, there are legal, ethical and moral bounds to what may be published.

I am not a Woomeri or Moderator - never have and never will be - however it is always clearly obvious why certain posts or threads are, correctly, edited or removed.

Perhaps before you post a thread, consider whether you are prepared to publicly post under your own name, rather than an anonymous name. If the answer is "no" - don't post, as the legal responsibility for - and consequences of - your post passes to the site owner/publisher and possibly the moderator.

I posted the following response to a question from "Life on Mars" on another thread, which should be self explanatory:

I guess living on Mars one could get out of touch, however I would think every PPRuNer that lives on this Planet knows exactly why the threads are no longer visible.

In one instance there is the presumption of innocence and the consequences of media speculation on a matter which may be sub judicia, and in the other, the very least may be an infringement of copyright and more likely, the potential for a very lucrative retirement plan for an entire firm of inventive lawyers.

Indeed, I am utterly amazed the threads lasted as long as they did! I've been around this Forum long enough to remember when the Chief Pilot (who incidentally, owns 100% of the shares in this bit of cyberspace) would dummyspit and close the entire Dunnunda Forum for far, far less.

And his lectures to us colonials often contained words one would not normally expect to hear from a very British Captain or learn on a CRM course!

I would suggest the Chief Pilot, Woomeri, et al took a totally appropriate and responsible action, for which he/they/them/it would have almost total support from PPRuNers Dunnunda!

Oh ... and in answer to your first question, go look at the home page where the Chief Pilot's name is clearly evident. Makes it easy for law firms to serve the Summonses.

If you are not prepared to attach your own name to a post, think twice before you post!

Have a great day!

Cheers

Bob Fulton