PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2015, 20:23
papazulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
plenty of good flight schools but restrictive entry criteria which is now strangling their regional airlines.
Criteria are there for a reason and to be honest it would be great to have the 1500TT in EASA-land too, that would kill the P2F on the spot.

Few Americans see the point in 4 years of college $40000+ costs then add on the cost of getting your licences and building your hours $150000 roughly just to start at $24000 a year!!!!!!
40K would barely pay 2 years at a decent uni, I think. However u can do it in small steps and still reach the top. Just get going early, even the regional goes up 10K after year 1 and some places upgrade into LHS just under 3 years at the moment (from the horse's mouth, not me guessing.

I'm sick of the narrow minded people on here if you don't like the MPL fine but don't criticise it out right, it has its positives and its negatives put your arguments across and let people make up their own mind.
It's flawed concept, if something goes wrong u are stuffed. It's just another way for the airlines to drive T&Cs down. These are my arguments, BTW. Not gospel...

PZ