PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez and me....!
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2001, 11:38
martinf

Angry

Surely the point we have seen for a while now on these sort of threads is that NONEof the schools can promise any jobs and that anyone that goes to a school for this reason is WASTING their money.

It has been said before and I am right up there with WWW - go to a school cos you like it, the people and the training. Ultimately everybody will end up with the same qualifications - NO-ONE can promise you a job as no-one knows what the market will be like when you finish your training.

As a point towards that - note that all sponsored students are NOT guaranteed jobs on completion of training and are told that they might be offered alternative employment (cabin-crew) or just allowed to walk away without repaying the ATPL costs.

As regards what BAE might end up like - again who knows. You can not bet on anything in life so you might as well plump for the school you like best after ahving looked at all of them. Why wasn't anyone impressed with the fact that Aer Lingus and Airtours send their cadets there?????? They are both quality airlines that surely any wannabee would want to fly with as well!!!

I don't think I will ever understand the obsession with BA. Great airline for sure but there are others out there that I would also kill to fly for!