PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizz Air MPL - CTC
View Single Post
Old 21st Aug 2015, 20:18
NZFalcon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ChaddersCheese

Do your parents know about your designs on their mortgage?! In my case, the conversation was a little more complicated than "Can I borrow £xx,xxx?"

So you like Poland? Have you lived there? Are you certain you'll end up based there? How do you feel about living in Serbia, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, Ukraine, Czech Republic, Latvia, Macedonia, Bulgaria, Lithuania..?

I appreciate the romantic view you have of 'the big struggle' to get into the airlines, but there are other tried and tested ways of struggling to find your way in. And they don't saddle you with such an obligation to a life in an unfamiliar country.

This for a start, when it reopens.

Besides anything else, you've got the best part of 50 years' working ahead of you so what's the hurry to get in a jet?!

Imagine finding yourself stranded in Eastern Europe, unhappy in your job, earning little more than you would be stacking shelves at home, but unable even to quit and return to the UK lest your parents lose their home.

My advice, for what it's worth - if you're that determined to get yourself into a jet at the earliest opportunity - finish your degree, get a normal job and save, save, save. Do your PPL on the side. Apply for the BA FPP, easyJet MPL, Virgin MPL etc. at every opportunity! That way, when you get in, you'll not only have a bit of money to temper the huge debt you're about to take on, but when you find your way into a jet it'll be that much sweeter. Crucially, you won't have sold yourself any shorter than the rest of us who have joined the industry in the past x years.