PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jerez and me....!
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2001, 23:09
Send Clowns

Jet Blast Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Wannabe

I understand that it was more than 4 students sent home, it was a whole course . The info came from a good source - shall remain nameless on this forum, but he was there at the time.

BA are sending some students there, I now hear. Yet they still haven't the staff in groundschool or the slots flying-side to run the course. Who do you think is going to get pushed aside, BA cadets or self-sponsored students? So many people imagine a school is good just because BA use it that BAe have to treat BA cadets better than paying customers.

This is the sort of inbformation BAe will not tell you when you enquire after their course!

So it is

The bad management decision was to base in Jerez. They cannot get staff to work there (partly due to Spanish tax system, partly just that most prospective instructors are anglophone). They are now having to fly to booked slots, but they cannot get enough slots to run the courses they have booked. Oh, and several flying instructors have given notice. Tehy have a little problem.

[ 10 July 2001: Message edited by: Send Clowns ]