PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2015, 13:57
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Xulu

Where have I banged on at any point about fighter pilot skills?

I don't think they are relevant.

My point is that there is no great skill required.

Your experience at Easy is no more useful than a TP. That is my point.

As you say, you whizzed around to places you knew. How I that any more useful than 6000 hrs TP around Africa?
Suddenly, these people who have flown around in cr@ppy TPs for years get a chance to step into a shiny jet.

My point is that they are no more likely to be a burden than a 5000hr EasyJet pilot.

Don't get me wrong, my old Airline used to take a lot of ex Easy, and I have to say you were all very well trained and excellent, unlike the majority at my airline who also had appalling handling skills.

The appalling handling skills come with flying the jet for too long.

Not trying to get into Emirates.
Can't afford the pay cut.

It does make me laugh to have a whole group of pilot decide that they are something special and that TP guys and cadets are not worthy.
There is nothing different about Emirates from the other big airlines and they all cope.

I think this has far more to do with peoples worry that it will impinge upon their chances of a terms and conditions upgrade.

I full understand why you might want this, but on the other hand I am pleased that all the poor TP guys who for years have been condemned to stay where they are whilst all the kids went straight past them on the easy/ryan to proper airline expressway.