PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 19th Aug 2015, 05:49
Tourist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I fully believe that Emirates is now an awful place to work, the changed requirements can only be a good thing.

As a basic concept, recruiting pilots who are at their core good makes a lot more sense than recruiting somebody who has sat in a pilots seat for a long time.

Plenty of good carriers have recruited cadets successfully for decades
The idea that a frozen ATPL means that you are inferior to someone with 10000hrs airbus is moronic.

There are good pilots and bad pilots.

10000hrs doesn't change that.

Across all human endeavour, we know that younger people consistently outperform older.

That is true across sport to war to science to politics.

Yes, as you get more experience, some areas of your performance may improve, however the losses in other areas are dramatic.

Incidentally, I do not class doing the same thing 10000 times as experience. Airliners today are so reliable that a pilot can go a whole career without an engine failure. Incidents and accidents are experience.

Airline pilots who do not fly outside work have handling skills are frankly awful in many if not most cases. Baby pilots often have better.

Why not be honest and say "I am p1ssed off because I had hoped that Emirates running out of people who met their minimum requirements would force them to increase terms and conditions thereby improving my life. Emirates realisation that they can open the door to a huge number of extra people is going to mess up my plans"

That I can understand and sympathise with.