PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RPL Holder sign Daily Inspection on MR
View Single Post
Old 18th Aug 2015, 22:54
Lead Balloon

Received 426 Likes on 213 Posts
About 30 years ago, as holder of an RPPL, I was told that after signing the MR I should add (self only) which presumably meant that I could fly the plane but that the next guy would have to sign his/her own MR.

Does anyone know if this had any legal status then or if it might have legal status now? It might be wise to add (self only) if you have doubts about whether you are legally entitled to sign an MR.
Codswallop, then and now. A daily inspection for a flight in circles is the same as a daily inspection for a flight in straight lines.

Which means at least someone will come out of the woodwork and argue that it was or is a requirement.

BTW, the correct question is not: "Who can sign the daily inspection on an MR?"

The correct question is: "Who may carry out the maintenance constituted by a daily inspection?" The answer to that question, in relation to Class B aircraft and pilots, is in CAR 42ZC(4)(d).

Anyone who carries out any maintenance is automatically obliged, under CAR 42ZE, to certify completion of that maintenance.

To emphasise the point: assume someone who is not authorised to carry out a daily inspection nonetheless does the inspection and certifies the MR accordingly. The person has complied with CAR 42ZE. (But, alas, the person is in breach of section 20AB(2) of the Act.)

Last edited by Lead Balloon; 19th Aug 2015 at 00:59.