PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 14th Aug 2015, 21:16
True Blue

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skipness

In response to your reply.

Re new airlines, I have no idea, but I have read reports where Lhr claim to have about 30 waiting for slots to get into Lhr. Who they might be, no idea.

Can we agree that barring major shocks, like war/terrorist or economic, that the market will probably grow? And we have been told it will take 10 years to get a new runway at Lhr, maybe longer but I am 99% certain it will not be sooner. Just a UK thing.

So as the market grows and airlines want to add capacity, what do they do. Lhr is full, we are told. To me, Lgw is a better bet than Stn, although Lgw is very busy as well.

Keep in mind this growing market, but the new runway goes to Lgw. What do the airlines that need to add capacity do? Walk away? Or the new ones with maybe new routes?

In my opinion, there is no way they will take that extra capacity to a continental airport. Away from one of the best markets there is. I am also working on the basis that it s not just possible to put an A380 on instead of an A321. BA is probably the biggest player here.

So, in your opinion, what do you think they would do if the runway went to Lgw? Ignore the opportunity or go for it?

Thanks

TB