PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK SAR 2013 privatisation: the new thread
Old 10th Aug 2015, 10:01
P6 Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just a quick word on the closure of the Lydd thread if you guys don’t mind.

I was the originator, and I became very saddened at the way certain people were starting to hi-jack it and use it to their own repetitively argumentative ends. I asked if closure could be considered and it was – thank you very much to the Mods for doing that.

What I objected to is well illustrated in this current thread. A small group go round in circles, none wanting to give way to the opinions of others. Some of the points raised could possibly be better dealt with by PM and then it wouldn’t let those contributors come over as bores in their posts.

Manchester United can fill their stadium with 58,000 people for a wendyball match and every one of those people know more about the game and can see every incident better than the referee on the pitch. Here, we have a clique who grind away and it appears, are doing much the same.

The end result is that with this Lydd thread hi-jack as one recent example and what I perceive as a decline in language (swearing) standards on the site, that’s me and PPRuNe done. I’m interested in the SAR side of our coastal life, but have no interest in reading about it on a forum where frankly, a couple of people need to get a room for the night and sort things out between themselves.

Not to worry, I won’t be missed!
(Sniff…)