PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2015, 13:35
bunghole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With the revised entry requirements at Emirates I am now eligible to apply (and yes mainly TP guy). I’ve done a lot of reading on this forum and will heed the advice of the experienced guys here and avoid the place like the plague. Not that it took much convincing after a cadetship offer from CX several years ago now. Will it help your cause for better T & C’s? Well I and many others didn’t help Cx for refusing, so unlikely to change what’s coming your way, at least for the newbys. IMHO Rubbish T & C’s of airline pilots are here to stay and it is a race to the bottom in no uncertain terms. For every one of me that won’t accept what’s happening and wants no part in it there are 100 guys/gals that will for whatever reason. Airline management and the bean counters will continue to capitalise on this fact and exploit it for all it’s worth. At the end of the day it’s a business. You're just a number unfortunately.

Is a TP guy suitably qualified? Some of you guys here need to get a grip. As someone said earlier, it’s not rocket science. Right training (not checking), attitude, work ethic, etc, etc,.... In any case best of luck to all of you in what invariably sounds like a sinking ship.