PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lowered requirements Emirates
View Single Post
Old 9th Aug 2015, 09:11
glofish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only issue for the EK guys in particular will be the fact that every flight with a new TP guy is going to be a training flight for the TPs first year or more in EK and this will mean that the EK Captain is going to have to be even more aware than normal or the 'tea and biscuits" trip is inevitable + letters + cash loss (no bonus etc or upgrade if multicrew).
Jack, you nailed it!

That is exactly what i fear. With 95 factored hours, 2 ground schools, not more than twice two days off in row, covering 18h time difference twice a month i am simply afraid of a very much bigger chance of running into some kind of trouble that would affect my carrer and my familiy's destiny.

If i thought i was that proverbial sky god as some clowns imply, i would probably think 'bring 'em on, they'll benefit of my superiour skills, blah, blah', but i do not consider myself as that. I am an average skipper who would like to finish his carreer in peace, with what has worked up to now.

I say it again: Nothing against other pilots, they are all equal (some are more equal, but that's another story ...). Most on this page agree that different backgrounds need different screening and training and there lies the Gordic knot. I no longer believe that this happens, although don managed to soothe my concern a bit. Let's hope.

But i really do share Jack's comment above

Last edited by glofish; 9th Aug 2015 at 09:39.